Saturday, July 30, 2022

MOVIE REVIEW: THE LONGEST DAY

MOVIE REVIEW: THE LONGEST DAY (1962)
dir: Ken Annikin

Sick #21, June 1963

The “review” pretty much sums up the plot of the movie, so I don't have to.

Fabian was more known as a pop singer than an actor. As were Paul Anka and Tommy Sands, which seems to be why this is parodied as if it were a musical. After Sinatra hit it big as a movie star, producers figured this would be a trend, which is still done today. Sometimes works sometimes doesn't. This was dramatized by the Frank Fontaine scene in The Godfather, though showbiz isn't riun by the mob anymore.I Left My Heart in a Can of Crisco is a play on I Left My Heart in San Francisco.
Red Buttons was more of a comedian than a dramatic actor. He never had a dinner.
Robert Mitchum tried to be a singer.

No comments:

Post a Comment