Friday, September 18, 2020

9 2 5

9 TO 5 (1980)
dir: Colin Higgins

Judy Bernly- Jane Fonda
Violet Newstead- Lily Tomlin
Franklin Hart Jr.- Dabney Coleman
Doralee- Dolly Parton
Mr. Tinsworthy- Sterling Hayden


9 2 5
CRAZY #79, October 1981
w: Paul Kupperberg
a: Bob Camp
The name of the company in the movie is called Consolidated Companies.
They bond while getting stoned over dinner and fantasize about killing their boss.

In the prophecy at the end, in a revolutionary casting against type, they reveal that Dolly Parton's character goes on to become a country singer. I think I saw the movie when it came out but I don't remember. What I do remember is hearing the theme song all over the place.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, you missed one! Mad didn't spoof the movie, but they did spoof the sitcom based on it that debuted a couple years later. It was called "Asinine to Five", by Dick DeBartolo and Angelo Torres, in Mad #244.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coming up when I get to the Ns. It was only recently I decided to combine different versions in one post.

      Delete